Lets Green our Streets.
Green the street’s ethos is to create greener, more inclusive, walkable and cycling focussed, cooler and sustainable streets in our cities.
-Through advocacy, major installations, street planting parties and connecting our growing network.
- We host festivals of cycling, planting, music, art and education.
- We host major activations and showcase urban agriculture, virtual reality and technology innovations in green street design.
- We support others through design advice and link to likeminded groups and events; creating a network of green thumbed folk.
- Though we are Brisbane based, we are happy to support all Australian cities and citizens in their green mission.
If you are interested check us out on facebook and join, – feel free to comment, post pics and get in touch!
From hobby gardeners to urban designers to city farmers to bee keepers, to botanists and everyone in between, our group contains one shared passion: greening the street!
- Green the Street is a grass-roots organisation, but our partners have included over 30 major institutions and organisations.
If you would like to support us, or you are an individual and want to take part in one of our Green the Street events – or even start one of your own – on your street, let us know: publish to our facebook group and reach out to our network.
Our Mission: Greener, healthier, liveable streets
GGreen the Street came out of a desire to see better streets in our city. It began as an activation of over 30 organisations at EKKA 2018, in which we showcased a number of ways that we can Green the Street, from creating lush urban rainforests, to urban agriculture verges to biophilic and biomimetic art streets and street parks – with electric bicycles and everything in between. Since then we have begun verge planting throughout Brisbane. We host regular events, festivals and activations. Check out our calendar for more details.
Links and More info:
Do you have want to green your street? Have a great idea?
Get in touch directly: