Dedicated to greening our streets
Through advocacy, major installations, street planting parties and connecting our growing network.
- To make more safe, walkable and cyclable suburbs
- To cool our city and suburbs
- To create habitat corridors for wildlife, critters and pollinators (birds and bees)
- To empower our communities to connect
- To provide everyday interactions with nature for yourself and your community
Nature strips for climate change focus on supporting street trees and planting native shrubs, grasses and groundcovers for wildlife habitat. (And they’re better for people too.)
- We create connections between local government, developers, citizens to create greener landscapes
- We advocate for green streets within Australia and overseas
- We host festivals of cycling, planting, music, art and education.
- We host major activations and showcase urban agriculture, virtual reality and technology innovations in green street design.
- We support others through design advice and link to likeminded groups and events; creating a network of green thumbed folk.
- Though we are Brisbane based, we are happy to support all Australian cities and citizens in their green mission.
- Green the Street is a grass-roots organisation, but our partners have included over 30 major institutions and organisations.
If you would like to support us, or you are an individual and want to take part in one of our Green the Street events – or even start one of your own – on your street, let us know: publish to our facebook group and reach out to our network.